Tuesday, September 18, 2007

sedona, we love you

It's been awhile since I've posted anything and for that I am truly sorry.
Work has been crazy (annoying) to say the least and we just got back from a glorious vacation in Sedona, AZ. It was a birthday/1st anniversary/babymoon kinda thing. Apparently I am totally in love with the desert because after this trip I'm totally convinced that I want to live there.

Some noteworthy things that happened while we were away:
- We visited west fork which has a lovely ~3.5 mile trail that winds thru the red rocks and across streams. Sometimes you have to wade in beautiful knee deep stream water to continue along the trail.
- The vortexes are real! We only went to one (see comments about west fork above) but it was intense. I was moved to intense sobbing about 5 mins down the trail and I have no idea why. This was followed by an exhilirating burst of energy and excitement. It was the coolest thing.
- Fenix likes the desert too. He kicked and punched and flipped the whole time we were away. You could see my belly jump when he moved which is a new big milestone for us.
- I had my very first 2 hour massage and frankly now an hour just won't do anymore.

Here are some pics from the trip:




...and for the whole set.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sweet photos and sounds like an absolutely divine vacay...