Sunday, July 15, 2007

big but not fat

Ok maybe I'm a little bit chunky but that has nothing to do with this baby.
I am pretty amazed at the rate that my belly seems to be growing. I didn't exactly have abs of steel before but I didn't have much of a belly thing going on either. It's strange to look down and see a shelf of flesh instead of my lap.

But I like the way I look now (ask me about this again in 3 or 4 months!). My belly is firm... not soft or mushy like I had imagined that it would be.

Oh and today I made some nice belly salve to ward off the infamous stretch marks. I know that stretch marks are supposed to be genetic and therefore unavoidable if you've got a predisposition, but I like to think that it can't really hurt to keep the skin supple and moisturized.

So I think I'll call the salve 'Bump Rub'. It's smells delicious and has all sorts of soothing herbs and oils. I'll have to make more and give it away to all my currently or soon to be pregnant lady friends.

Anyway enough rambling... here's me (all of me) at 13 weeks:

1 comment:

tyesha said...

you look so cute. i'm surprised by how quickly you are showing too. are you sure there is only one... love ya.