Tuesday, March 25, 2008

project green bum

I have spent an inordinate amount of time researching the matter of cloth diapering. I think I am finally at a place where I am committed to the type and brand of cloth diapers that I want to purchase. There must be a million different configurations that a person can buy but I settled on unbleached indian prefolds with wonder wraps covers. I'm going to use snappis to fasten the prefolds and I will get some 6 layer doublers for overnight use. We will still use G diapers for going out but I declare that this is the last week of disposable 7th generation diapers in this house.

Here's what you need to get started:
4 to 6 wraps
24 to 36 prefolds (indian or chinese)
4 to 6 doublers
snappis or diaper pins
diaper pail

Montana's Diaper store
and Diaper Swappers are excellent resources to check out if you want to do cloth diapering.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I learned about your blog from a friend and just had to post to this entry. I'm about to have my first kid and am getting into cloth diapers as well. We're going for the bumGenius OneSize ones. I just wanted to recommend a fab resource for you if you haven't already discovered it-- A cloth diapering message board through babyfit.com at http://babyfit.sparkpeople.com/mommyteams_individual.asp?gid=24. (Hope that link works!) This team has been so great at helping me learn TONS about CDing-- how to wash, remove stains, various other troubleshooting... Good luck to you!

Reese McG said...

oh hey thanks for the recommendation. i'm going to check it out now :-)