Monday, March 24, 2008

So you’ve got a new boss

Don’t you hate getting re-org’d? it’s like… when your company has something stuck in their throat… and instead of coughing or drinking a glass of water or something to try and dislodge it, they just say “aw, to hell with it”, drink some ipecac, and puke on the couch, only to find out that the reason that they had a tickle in their throat is because it’s springtime and allergy season.

Now you’ve got a tickle in your throat and puke on your couch. Wouldn’t it have been better just to have a glass of water?

So my department – I.T. – went through a re-org recently. Very recently. I got a call from my boss at 5pm a couple weeks ago “effective immediately I am no longer your boss. Your new boss is Julie. It’s been great working with you.”

Ummm... it's been great working with you, too... also, WTF?

Ah. Argh. ARRRGHGGHGHGHGHHHHHpllbhthth.

You know how they say half your career is momentum? Well, I say that anyway. I have no momentum right now. Well... I have no momentum and an updated resume.

Mark my words: momentum is coming soon to a Jason near you.

plthbhth,

j

4 comments:

Reese McG said...

momentum? where ya goin??

jay mcg said...

places, kid, places.

stick with me - because that's where i'm going. places.

hubby love said...

he's, uh, goin to portland, right?

Lauren said...

hey! stop stealing all our friends, chad!