Saturday, May 3, 2008

Cool black chicks

I stumbled upon the Material Gurl blog when I was browsing around on another blog. It's a cute site written by two young African American women attending college at Howard University which is a HBCU (Historically Black College or University).

Well they have this feature called Outrageously Chic which is just candids of stylish AA* women spotted on the Howard campus. I am loving the unique look that some of these women are sporting. I can't really pull off alot of these looks anymore without feeling ridiculous because I am not a 20 year old but I can certainly admire them and I am definitely inspired. I love how these ladies are breaking the mold, not opting for the cookie cutter Forever 21 style that everyone else is rocking these days.

I have a few favorites but they don't allow hotlinking so this is a picture free post :-(. If you do decide to browse the photo pool, see if you can find my jr. doppelgänger in the set (though *I* am probably the evil twin). There is a pretty crazy resemblance in style and physical appearance to the younger (thinner) me.

*AA is an abbreviation for African American and shall now and forever serve as such for this here blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

This is Courtney, one of the writers from the "Material Gurl Life" blog and I just wanted to say THANK YOU for commenting and mentioning us in your post! We had to take about a month off from updating the blog to handle school n' stuff, but we are back and we definitely appreciate your insight!