Wednesday, May 28, 2008

sorry so quiet.

Hi people. I regret that we haven't been blogging much at all over the last 2 weeks but it's just been majorly busy round the McG household and we have been enjoying the start of a beautiful Seattle summer.

Now regarding Fenix, he started solids last week. In the world of babies this is a monumental step. One day it's breast milk and formula exclusively and the next someone is shoveling tiny spoonfuls of lukewarm rice cereal in your mouth. What must that be like?! Well he seems to love it. As a matter of fact, he loves it so much that he starts whimpering in between spoonfuls if you don't move quickly enough. So far we have tried rice cereal, butternut squash and sweet potatoes. Next up, oatmeal, peas, carrots, bananas, apples and pears. I am planning to make his food using a food mill but since we are in this trial period I bought small jars of organic baby food. I didn't want to commit to a big batch of any one thing until I knew that it agreed with him/he liked it.
Here he is after a belly full of brown rice cereal:


So back to the work thing, I am starting next Tuesday - it's actually my former place of work. They were so nice as to let me come back on a part time schedule. Fenix will be in day care for those 2 days. I think this is going to be a nice balance... I'll have every other day off, four day weekends and I will be with Fenix more often than not. The least amount of time that we can sign up for at the day care facility is 30 hours so that means that every week we'll have about 10 extra hours that I can use to go to doctor appointments or run errands where it would be nice to not have to schlep poor Fee along with me or better yet I can use it to get a leg up on my schoolwork.

Lastly our great friends Chad and Ty said their goodbyes and moved to Portland this past weekend. I didn't get emotional when they left but now that they are gone and day to day life is setting in I feel this yucky emptiness. I miss them so much already. I hope that some day soon we are all living near each other again like the good old days. It'll happen. Yeah. :-)

No comments: